12 Reasons to try 12 Benefits
1. Minimal ingredients and pharmaceutical quality - no harsh chemicals (you can actually read and pronounce every ingredient) plus it's made in the USA !
2. Prevents heat damage - 12 Benefits protects your hair when using any appliance so your hair stays healthy.
3. Prevents split ends - as your hair grows and while you're using heat on it your ends will stay smooth.
4. Locks in hair color - the shampoo is sulfate free which means your color will stay vibrant longer.
5. Suitable for all hair types - whether your hair is kinky, curly, wavy or straight 12 Benefits won't weigh down your hair and it will add the moisture your hair needs.
6. Zero product build-up - if you don't wash your hair everyday you can re-apply the product and it will feel clean because the styling products are silicone free.
7. Eliminates frizz - if your hair gets crazy in the summer from humidity or you have curly frizzy hair this is the brand for you.
8. Adds lightweight shine - 12 Benefits gives a healthy looking shine without the greasiness.
9. Improves manageability - the styling products will make it easier for you when blow drying your hair resulting in a salon type blow-out.
10. Anti-aging formula - 12 Benefits products will dramatically reverse the aged and damaged look and feel of your hair.
11. Reduces drying time - the styling products penetrate you hair follicle which allows air to pass through faster.
12. Youthful texture - 12 Benefits really make your hair feel like it did when you were 19; soft, smooth, frizz-less, and HEALTHY!
Winter is Coming, Stock up on Avéne
Avéne, a French product line made purely for dry and sensitive skin, is the perfect addition into your winter weather face and body routine. Products such as Trixera Balm, Body Oil and Rich Compensating Cream are gentle enough for all skin types and powerful enough for those suffering from burns, abrasions and eczema. Their best known product, Thermal Spring Water, is incorporated into all products. The water alone can be used for sunburns, face toner, after shaving, travel and more.
The entire line was created for sensitive/dry skin but it is divided into different categories depending on individual needs. There is a line specifically for acne skin, mature skin, redness relief, and general all over maintenance.
Another line is specific to body care i.e. Cold Cream Cleansing Bar, Moisturizing Body Lotion and Makeup Remover. Though winter is the time many people experience dry skin, Avene also has products for sun protection. The High Protection Cream, Sun Spray and Tinted Compact all contain an SPF of at least twenty.
Avène Thermal Spring Water originates as rain. However, the 40-year journey through the Cevennes Mountain aquifer produces thermal spring water ideally suited for the care and management of sensitive skin.
Avene stands behind their products, guaranteeing their quality and validating each by testing. The products are non-comedogenic (will not clog pores), hypoallergenic, gluten-free and cruelty-free making Avene a great line for all to try.
How to Get the Most out of Your Salon Visit
1. Punctuality is Key
- A good hair stylist has a busy schedule and lateness can cause unnecessary stress and more importantly diminish your time with them.
2. “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words”
- The Internet is full of great hair pictures of all kinds, use it as a resource!
- Be realistic when choosing a photo. Pick one that represents your texture and density.
3. Take note of products and tools being used.
- If a professional needs them to achieve your look, so do you!
4. Ask the stylist for tips
- Your stylist has lots of experience getting hair to do what they need it to do. Utilize the blow-dry time to educate yourself.
5. Rebook your appointment
- This enables you to get the date and time that suits you best.
6. Don’t hesitate to mention something you’re not happy with
- A good stylist will aim to please, so your feedback is crucial.
Hopefully these tips will enable you have a great result the next time you visit your favorite salon. If you’re looking for a new stylist, check out some of the great professionals at our four Beans Beauty Salons.
We would love to hear your feedback. Share some of your experiences by leaving a comment.
6 Things You Didn't Know About Ouidad...
1. Ouidad Shampoos and Conditioners address curly hair of every hair type!
- Color treated? Try the Color Sense Sulfate-Free Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner to nourish and enhance color treated hair!
- Fine & Limp? Try the Playcurl Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse and boost fine, thin hair!
- Frizzy? Try Climate Control Sulfate-Free Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner to provide long lasting protection from frizz and flyaways!
- Dry? Try Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse and nourish dry, thirsty curls!
2. Ouidad’s Breast Cancer Awareness Efforts!
- Ouidad has donated over $475,000 since 2002 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. They will match a donation in any amount 100%, dollar for dollar! Ouidad also has an adorable limited edition Pink Curl Extension – 100% of the $10.00 purchase price is donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
3. Look no further than Ouidad for the perfect beach waves!
- Ouidad Wave Create Sea Spray gives hair that windswept, sexy and flirtatious look you love after a day at the beach. Our exclusive wave-making complex of natural seawater and mineral-rich sea salt crystals create tousled texture while plant-derived humectants lock in waves. Vitamin-rich seaweed and algae extracts nourish the hair so it's super hydrated – never crunchy or stiff.
4. The tried and true Ouidad products you know and love are still reliable and available!
- Tress Effects Lightweight Styling Gel keeps your curls soft, nourished & shiny.
- Botanical Boost Moisturizing Infusing & Refreshing Spray has a blend of nourishing botanicals, anti-oxidants and conditioning aloe creates healthy hair by locking in moisture, while protecting curls against breakage and damage from heat styling.
- Clear Control Pomade is a unique, water-soluble finishing aid, packed with conditioners and humectants to calm frizzy, fly-away hair and seal in beneficial moisturizers.
5. Ouidad’s unique Double Detangler Comb
- People with curly hair know a wide tooth comb is their best defense against tangles! Ouidad’s Double Detangler effortlessly removes tangles especially used in the shower with the Ouidad conditioner that best suits your hair type!
6. Ouidad has ‘outside of the box’ products for curls such as …
- Curl Co-Wash is a low-foam cleansing sulfate-free cleansing conditioner for soft, hydrated and smooth tresses!
- Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil is a sulfate-free shampoo for dry, damaged curls. Silk proteins and coconut oils bind to the cuticle to sustain hydration and resist damage while enhancing body and shine.
- Curl Recovery Whipped Curls is a styling primer and daily conditioner for all curl textures. This dual-purpose formula is great for all curls, especially those experiencing dryness, frizz and breakage.