How to Get the Most out of Your Salon Visit
1. Punctuality is Key
- A good hair stylist has a busy schedule and lateness can cause unnecessary stress and more importantly diminish your time with them.
2. “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words”
- The Internet is full of great hair pictures of all kinds, use it as a resource!
- Be realistic when choosing a photo. Pick one that represents your texture and density.
3. Take note of products and tools being used.
- If a professional needs them to achieve your look, so do you!
4. Ask the stylist for tips
- Your stylist has lots of experience getting hair to do what they need it to do. Utilize the blow-dry time to educate yourself.
5. Rebook your appointment
- This enables you to get the date and time that suits you best.
6. Don’t hesitate to mention something you’re not happy with
- A good stylist will aim to please, so your feedback is crucial.
Hopefully these tips will enable you have a great result the next time you visit your favorite salon. If you’re looking for a new stylist, check out some of the great professionals at our four Beans Beauty Salons.
We would love to hear your feedback. Share some of your experiences by leaving a comment.
6 Things You Didn't Know About Ouidad...
1. Ouidad Shampoos and Conditioners address curly hair of every hair type!
- Color treated? Try the Color Sense Sulfate-Free Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner to nourish and enhance color treated hair!
- Fine & Limp? Try the Playcurl Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse and boost fine, thin hair!
- Frizzy? Try Climate Control Sulfate-Free Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner to provide long lasting protection from frizz and flyaways!
- Dry? Try Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse and nourish dry, thirsty curls!
2. Ouidad’s Breast Cancer Awareness Efforts!
- Ouidad has donated over $475,000 since 2002 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. They will match a donation in any amount 100%, dollar for dollar! Ouidad also has an adorable limited edition Pink Curl Extension – 100% of the $10.00 purchase price is donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
3. Look no further than Ouidad for the perfect beach waves!
- Ouidad Wave Create Sea Spray gives hair that windswept, sexy and flirtatious look you love after a day at the beach. Our exclusive wave-making complex of natural seawater and mineral-rich sea salt crystals create tousled texture while plant-derived humectants lock in waves. Vitamin-rich seaweed and algae extracts nourish the hair so it's super hydrated – never crunchy or stiff.
4. The tried and true Ouidad products you know and love are still reliable and available!
- Tress Effects Lightweight Styling Gel keeps your curls soft, nourished & shiny.
- Botanical Boost Moisturizing Infusing & Refreshing Spray has a blend of nourishing botanicals, anti-oxidants and conditioning aloe creates healthy hair by locking in moisture, while protecting curls against breakage and damage from heat styling.
- Clear Control Pomade is a unique, water-soluble finishing aid, packed with conditioners and humectants to calm frizzy, fly-away hair and seal in beneficial moisturizers.
5. Ouidad’s unique Double Detangler Comb
- People with curly hair know a wide tooth comb is their best defense against tangles! Ouidad’s Double Detangler effortlessly removes tangles especially used in the shower with the Ouidad conditioner that best suits your hair type!
6. Ouidad has ‘outside of the box’ products for curls such as …
- Curl Co-Wash is a low-foam cleansing sulfate-free cleansing conditioner for soft, hydrated and smooth tresses!
- Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil is a sulfate-free shampoo for dry, damaged curls. Silk proteins and coconut oils bind to the cuticle to sustain hydration and resist damage while enhancing body and shine.
- Curl Recovery Whipped Curls is a styling primer and daily conditioner for all curl textures. This dual-purpose formula is great for all curls, especially those experiencing dryness, frizz and breakage.